Friday 3 March 2017

GUEST DESIGNER!
JOSEFINE FOURAGE

Josefine, our guest designer, created a beautiful African canvas using our C91 Call from the Wild Collection.  See below how she created this gorgeous canvas.

Hi everyone. My name is Josefine (aka HolyLise) and I’m thrilled to be guest designing for FabScraps today! FabScraps is my favorite brand for chipboard die cuts and paper for mixed media projects. I can’t even begin to tell you how much this opportunity means to me :D

But before I get all sentimental, here is the canvas that I created using the new Call from the Wild Collection.



I started by cutting the front page from the chipboard album into shape and adhered strips of the call of the wild paper on top. After the gel medium dried, I traced the Africa shape with my craft knife to get rid of all the access paper.



Then I gessoed it, so the colors were a little more muted and added some animal shapes with the Wild Animals stencil.


The paper has some really pretty animal photography on it, so I decided to cut some of the shapes out and adhere them to the continent. Now I painted over it with several shades of green and blue acrylic paint as well as some gold shimmering ink. I ended up adding two layers of paint, plus another layer of gesso.



While I was waiting for everything to dry, I separated the two trees from their frame. Now I colored that frame and the word “Africa” in dark blue and added some gold sparkle on top. I wanted the bigger tree to stand out from the background, so I gessoed it first and sprayed two shades of green ink on it afterwards.



For the canvas, I used black paint and added white spritzer on top in the hopes that it looks like a night sky. I sure hope that I was successful with it.



At the end I adhered the Africa shape to the canvas. Then I glued the frame, tree and the word die cut on top of it and finished everything up with some flowers.




I hope you enjoyed my guest project for FabScraps. I sure had a lot of fun creating this canvas and it will have a special place in my craft room.

Supplies Used
All the products used are from the Call from the Wild Collection C91


No comments: